All articles about 全国品茶资源

Another journalist disappears in Yahya Jammeh’s country

first_img News January 27, 2020 Find out more August 6, 2020 Find out more to go further RSF_en News Three journalist arrested, two radio stations closed in Gambia July 9, 2015 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Another journalist disappears in Yahya Jammeh’s country A member of his family said he was bundled into a car on 17 July and was driven away to an unknown location.After his second abduction, the family knew nothing of his whereabouts until 22 July, when persons identified by relatives as members of the National IntelligenceAgency (NIA) arrived with him at his home, searched the house, and then left with him again. Follow the news on Gambia GambiaAfrica News Reporters Without Borders is very concerned about Radio Teranga FM manager Alagie Sisay’s disappearance since the evening of 2 July, when two suspected members of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) abducted him outside the radio station.His abduction came a day after the NIA questioned all of the staff of the independent newspaper The Voice for two hours at the agency’s Banjul headquarters.Sisay had just finished the meal ending the daily Ramadan fast when a friend told him that two men outside the radio station were asking to see him. Sisay went outside to speak to them and neither his family nor his colleagues have seen him since then.An eye-witness said the two men bundled him into their 4WD vehicle and drove away. His brother said Sisay managed to call him on his mobile phone and had time to say he had been taken by NIA officers before the call was disconnected. His family and colleagues reported his disappearance to police and intelligence officials, who claimed to know nothing of his whereabouts.“We are extremely worried about Alagie Sisay’s disappearance,” said Cléa Kahn-Sriber, the head of the Reporters Without Borders Africa desk. “Journalists disappearing after being kidnapped is nothing new in Gambia. The disappearance nine years ago of Chief Ebrima Manneh is still unsolved.“Every day that passes increases our concern about Sisay’s fate. We join the Gambia Press Union in urging the authorities to do everything possible to locate this journalist as quickly as possible.”Radio Teranga FM has long been in the government’s sights. Several members of its staff have been questioned by the NIA in the past. Launched in 2009, it has been shut down three times in recent years by the government. When it last reopened in 2014 (after being closed for 16 months) it was banned from broadcasting press reviews.The Voice staff members who were interrogated by the NIA on 1 July were editor Musa S. Sheriff and reporters Sulayman Ceesay, Bakary Ceesay, Mafugi Ceesay and Amadou Bah.Sheriff was questioned about the way the newspaper operates, its funding and its contacts abroad. They were all also questioned about their families, friends and place of residence, and their photos were taken. The NIA said it was gathering this information in order to be able to guarantee their safety, because “so much is being talked about the paper and its reporters.” Ceesay was detained for an hour by the NIA a month ago for covering a political rally by President Yahya Jammeh. In 2014, Sheriff was the target of an 11-month-long prosecution on a charge of publishing false news that was eventually dismissed.Ranked 151st out of 180 countries in the 2015 Reporters Without Borders press freedom index, Gambia has been ruled since 1994 by President Jammeh, who is on the Reporters Without Borders list of “Predators of Press Freedom.”The government deals ruthlessly with troublesome journalists such as Agence France-Presse correspondent Deyda Hydara, who was shot dead in his car in 2004, or Chief Ebrima Manneh, who has been missing since the NIA arrested him in 2006. The few privately-owned media outlets censor themselves and live in fear of arbitrary prosecutions.center_img “This second abduction is very worrying, not only as regards Alagie Ceesay’s safety but also for all Gambian journalists, who could be the victims of similar arbitrary abuses carried out with complete impunity,” Reporters Without Borders said.“We call on the government to launch a serious and thorough investigation with the aim of locating Ceesay, obtaining his release, and punishing the perpetrators and instigators of his abduction.” Gambia: former president must stand trial for journalist’s murder News Gambia still needs to address challenges to press freedom ******************************************* Reporters Without Borders calls on the Gambian government to locate Radio Teranga FM manager Alagie Ceesay, who was released on 13 July, 11 days after his abduction on 2 July, but was kidnapped again four days later. Receive email alerts Organisation Help by sharing this information GambiaAfrica July 23, 2019 Find out morelast_img read more

Twin tennis courts just the start of this grand Queenslander’s charms

first_imgThe 102-year-old Queenslander at 150 Adelaide Street East, Clayfield, will be sold via tender.A GRAND 102-year-old Clayfield home Clonlara is being offered for sale for the first time in 60 years.The Queenslander — named after an Irish village in County Clare — was home to the late Sir Edward and Lady Dorothy Williams for 60 years. Daughter Zilla Lyons revealed her parents bought the house in the late 1950s, attracted by its size and massive yard.“They also needed space for their growing family (the first seven of their eight children were born in nine years) and accommodating all those children necessitated some practical modifications to the original layout,’’ she said. The kitchen is large. The charm of yesteryear. Light and bright in one of the former kids’ rooms. Many shady spots to curl up with a good book.This included turning what was originally a billiard room into a “glamorous girls” dormitory’’ and enclosing a back veranda to provide a large sunroom during winter.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus19 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market19 hours agoShe said a little house near the tennis courts was built as a wonderful Christmas present for the girls, which they treated like a large dolls’ house. It was later converted to a garden shed.The home sits on a large 3,317 sqm block of land.Sir Edward Williams was a respected Queensland legal identity, a former Queenslander of the Year, Australian of the Year, Father of the Year, Chairman of the Commonwealth Games in 1982 and Commissioner General of Expo 88. Ceilings are ornate plaster and pressed metal.center_img Traditional features have been lovingly preserved. The twin tennis courts hosted many parties over the years. There is a formal dining room.Son, Dr Ed Williams, said he and his siblings shared many fond memories of growing up there.“Clonlara is truly a cherished family home,” he said. “It comes complete with not one but two championship-size grass tennis courts which became a great meeting place for the neighbourhood kids.“Tennis parties were frequent and both courts would be marked and played on regularly. “Cricket, football and even croquet were also played in the backyard.” The home at 150 Adelaide St East, Clayfield, was built in 1916. Many of its original period features have been preserved including the grand entry foyer which leads to formal dining and lounge rooms. There are ornate plaster and pressed metal ceilings, timber walls and leadlight windows. The home has been well kept.A traditional sun room, meals or family room and a large kitchen and bathroom complete the home. There is provision for a swimming pool, a former swimming pool on the block was decommissioned.The six bedroom, three bathroom home has a two-car garage, and there is a series of enclosed storage or rumpus rooms under the house. Agents Christine Rudolph and Matt Lancashire of Ray White New Farm have it set to be sold via tender process closing 5pm May 4.last_img read more

Tangub ‘kap’ blinks, will join ‘BOSS’

first_imgBACOLOD City – Tangub village headNoli Villarosa has assured the city government that his barangay will participate in the Business One-Stop Shop (BOSS)program for the convenient renewal of business permits and registration of newbusinesses for 2020. “We will set up our table at the cityhall starting tomorrow,” Villarosa said. Mayor Evelio Leonardia issued anexecutive order mandating barangay captains and other related city governmentoffices to join BOSS at city hall. BOSS is open Monday to Friday, from 8a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with no noon break./PN Villarosa confirmed in a phoneinterview that he will join the BOSS program that kicked off on Jan. 2 at theBacolod City Government Center or city hall. It will run until Jan. 20. Villarosa said he would first “orient”these business owners before issuing them with barangay clearance But Executive Assistant SamuelMontoyo, member of the Anti-Red Tape Act Core Team, urged Leonardia to“discipline” Villarosa for disobeying the executive order. BOSS is important to the citygovernment’s “ease of doing business” goal or making Bacolod Citybusiness-friendly, stressed Montoyo. Last week, Villarosa in a letter toLeonardia, said he would like to “discipline” the owners of illegal businessesthat obstruct roads in his village.last_img read more