The timesheet is almost full for Friday’s Donegal Ladies Gaelic Golf Classic at Ballybofey & Stranorlar golf club this Friday.If you want to book a slot please ring asap 074 913 1093Times available AM 8am to 8.50, 9.10, 9.20, – or PM 14.30, 15.10, 16.30. There are still a number of tees available for sponsorship.Moville’s Liam Skelly, who has been running the event, says he has been delighted with the response.“The money raised will go towards supporting ladies football in the county at all levels,” he said.“I’d like to thank all the teams for entering and our main sponsor Daly’s Topaz in Lifford as well as all the other wonderful sponsors who have come forward to help ladies football. It promises to be a great day. “There are a few tees left for sponsor so I’d be delighted if more businesses came forward.”Sponsors can donate as little as €100 by calling Liam on 086 860 2070. DONEGAL LADIES FUNDRAISER: JUST 4 SLOTS LEFT FOR GOLF CLASSIC THIS FRIDAY was last modified: August 11th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegal ladiesGolf classic
ZDNet reports yesterday that at the SIIA OnDemand Summit (Software & Information Industry Association) held in San Jose this week that Abhijit Dubey of McKinsey released results of their survey of CIOs and found that 61% of them now were considering adopting of some form of SaaS — compared to 38% from a survey taken last year. That’s a huge jump.The SIIA OnDemand conference was a two day meeting of about 300 ISVs, platform vendors and “SaaS Thought-Leaders”. Keynotes were presented by Salesforce.com, HP, IBM, and Microsoft.The conference also gave an opportunity to SaaS startups and new ventures to introduce themselves to a large audience. The types of software being delivered as SaaS cover a large range of areas, including mobile resource management, eLearning, billing and account management, email archiving, and mortgage servicing.This year’s SIIA OnDemand conference was a first of what may become an annual event. We’ve been hearing for some time that once companies feel comfortable with SaaS reliability, performance and security issues that the SaaS market should be poised to take off. It looks like we’re reaching that level of comfort zone, so hold on.
8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Tags:#Real-Time Web#web Related Posts Want to turn your website into a storm of real-time user activity? Another way to do so has just arrived. The real-time web framework called Tornado, which Facebook open sourced last Fall, has just released version 1.0. Tornado is a real-time web server built in Python that supports tens of thousands of continuous connections and thus the long-polling method of real-time data delivery. It is the core of FriendFeed, a technically innovative service built by two ex-Googlers and leaders in the real-time web community, which was acquired by Facebook in August, 2009. Built largely by the man who is now CTO of Facebook, Bret Taylor, this first version of Tornado was taken across the finish line by another heavy hitter: Ben Darnell of Thing Labs. Ben Darnell was a key engineer in building Google Reader years ago, then joined real-time aggregation startup FriendFeed with Taylor. After FriendFeed was acquired by Facebook, Darnell rejoined Thing Labs, makers of Brizzly and lead by Google Reader’s Jason Shellen. In the meantime, he’s been helping bring Tornado to its 1.0 and now that time has come.Below is a clip of Facebook’s Bret Taylor explaining Tornado on the Gillmor Gang podcast, the day the open sourcing of the technology was announced. Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting marshall kirkpatrick Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai…
Advertisement Facebook Domhnall Gleeson and Tom Cruise in American Made – David James. Advertisement Login/Register With: Twitter Advertisement It is the most wonderfully frustrating time of the year: that period when film writers get lost in the mad scramble of cobbling together a top-10 list to impress colleagues and convince readers that they hold the key to the collective movie knowledge of the past 12 months. It is an undeniably fun exercise, but one that can induce heart palpitations: What if I missed the one film everyone is, or should be, talking about?Yet there’s a natural point at which every critic’s “top films” start to blend together into a unified chorus. Phantom Thread, Call Me by Your Name, The Post, The Shape of Water, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri …… the favourites get name-checked again and again.To offset the familiar shouts and murmurs, The Globe and Mail presents its annual alternative Top 10, which compiles the most overlooked, underrated, and unfairly dismissed films of 2017 (listed alphabetically).American Made For obvious reasons, I’m a sucker for any film in which the protagonist is named Barry (an exceedingly rare occurrence). But the sort-of-true tale of drug-running pilot Barry Seal deserves a spot here for more than appealing to my vanity: the comedy-action film is a rollicking journey into the criminal underworld, with a frenzied and frantic energy courtesy of leading man Tom Cruise. As Cruise’s cocky Seal double- and then triple-crosses everyone from the CIA to Pablo Escobar, the star delivers an increasingly paranoid and wild performance, while director DougLiman ensures every single scene is visually explosive. The pair, who last teamed up for the delightfully stupid Edge of Tomorrow, don’t always succeed in their aesthetic and narrative tricks, but the end result is one of the most purely watchable mainstream studio films of the year.READ MORE LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, July 13, 2016 – Police need to find a blue colored Nissan March which drove off with 26 year old Sorineida Morena Arias on Sunday; it was around 4 a.m and at this point there was nothing to suggest that she was taken by force; though police say that has not been ruled out. In a media conference this morning we learned more about the investigation including that a strong tip led Police to search in the Cooper Jack area and due to the canal system there, the search will be expanded to the waters of Cooper Jack.Investigators reminded that the case is still a missing person’s case, but in response to a Magnetic Media question, it was explained that comparisons are being made between this case and the one in April where another 26 year old Dominican was first missing, then found dead. Pirates Cove will be searched and it was confirmed that officials from the Dominican Republic have been in touch with the Police about the concerning trend where it seems Dominican women are targets. Police opted not to weigh in on what is going on possibly; saying it is just too early in the probe to say.Look out for any blue coloured Nissan March and report it, it may lead to clues to finding this young woman who is also a mother. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:blue nissan march an interest in missing dominican women case, police on lookout for blue nissan
Kolkata: The state government has chalked out a detailed plan to set up trauma care centres at various hospitals in the state, to ensure quick treatment to accident victims. The government will bear a cost of around Rs 45 crore for the construction of the trauma care centres and for buying equipments.According to initial plans, eight trauma care centres would be constructed in the first phase. The locations would be on or near national and state highways and other important roads. Also Read – Heavy rain hits traffic, flightsIt has been learnt that three trauma care centres would be located at SSKM Hospital, Bardhaman Medical College and Hospital (BMCH) and North Bengal Medical College and Hospital (NBMCH), while three others would be constructed at Kharagpur, Asansol and Islampur. The remaining two will be set up at Singur and Amtala.The critical patients would be admitted in the trauma care centres on an emergency basis. Accident victims or any trauma patient will be kept in the centres, where the patients would be given special care. These trauma care centres will have all the modern facilities to handle such patients. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Merc, 2 B’deshi bystanders killedThe victims of fire incidents or those seriously injured in accidents, would be taken to the trauma care unit of the hospitals, where they would be given immediate attention. It is important to transfer these patients to a hospital equipped with trauma care facilities. This could save lives of many accident victims in the state, the senior officials of the state Health department said.The construction of the trauma care centre at BMCH has already been done. There will be 25 beds – 10 general, 10 critical care and five step down or high-dependency units (HDU). Accidents victims in the area are often brought to the city’s hospital and it takes a long time to shift a critical patient to the city. Had there been a trauma care unit at BMCH, people meeting with road accidents in the area can be provided treatment faster. The trauma care centre at NBMCH will be made operational soon.According to the Health department sources, the largest trauma care centre is coming up at the SSKM Hospital. It is expected that it can be made operational within September this year. Those coming up at BMCH, NBMCH and Singur will be of level 2 category, while the ones at Kharagpur and Islampur will be of level 3 category. A trauma care centre was inaugurated at RG Kar Medical College and Hospital, a few months ago. It may be mentioned that RG Kar Medical College and Hospital is the first medical college hospital in the state to have a separate dedicated building for trauma care. The eight-storeyed building of the trauma care unit has departments like medicine, neuro-medicine, neuro-surgery, orthopedic and anesthesiology. Patients are availing specialised health care facilities under the same roof. The new building has 150 beds.
Kolkata: The stalemate in the shooting of television serials in Tollywood continues as the artistes and technicians are yet to arrive at a negotiation with the producers.The ceasework is the result of a demand by the Artistes’ Forum to regularise pay. The talks between it and the Welfare Association of Television Producers (WATP) are yet to yield results.In a Press release issued on Tuesday by the Federation of Cine Technicians and Workers of Eastern India, signed by senior artistes like Soumitra Chatterjee, its president, Prosenjit Chatterjee, its working president and Arindam Ganguly, general secretary, the artistes have agreed to join work the moment WATP agrees to implement the MoU signed between the producers and the artistes. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeThe future of nearly 10,000 artistes and technicians has become uncertain because of the stalemate. The artistes have also agreed to sit with the producers.Actor Prosenjit Chatterjee told newsmen that the Artistes’ Forum did not wish to disrupt shooting schedules of TV serials, but the July 8 agreement between the Television Producers’ body should be respected and artistes should be paid regularly.While the agreement between producers and the forum had stipulated that the artistes should get their salaries within the 15th day of the next month, many producers did not honour it and did not arrange the payment overdue to the artistes, Chatterjee maintained. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Mercedes car in Kolkata, 2 pedestrians killedHe said in the given situation, it is not possible to resume work unless the producers pay the arrears. Chatterjee made it clear though that he was only referring to a section of producers and not all. The ceasework has been disrupting the overall shooting schedules.Forum general secretary and actor Arindam Ganguly said the July 8 agreement had also specified that any artiste working for more than 10 hours should be paid on an hourly basis after the expiry of the scheduled time. That too had not been honoured by a section of producers.He said the state government is aware of the situation. “Minister Aroop Biswas has been updated of the developments at the meeting and he is trying to arrive at a solution,” he added. Meanwhile, there was no shooting during the day in all the eight studios located across different areas of South Kolkata, due to the ceasework.