#HearThis: New music and video from Limerick rapper Strange Boy Patricia RyanLIMERICK theatre producer Richie Ryan has called for the immediate resignation of City Manager Conn Murray, Committee Chairman Pat Cox and Chief Executive Patricia Ryan from the board of Limerick City of Culture 2014.Mr Ryan of CentreStage Theatre School was commenting on Ms Ryan’s controversial appointment as chief executive of Limerick City of Culture, without the job being advertised. Ms Ryan, a former adviser to former European Parliament President, Pat Cox, was appointed on Mr Murray’s recommendation.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up According to Richie Ryan, the appointment highlights the ineptitude, arrogance and unacceptable manner in which the City of Culture team is treating many Limerick artists. He described the situation as “embarrassing” and said it highlights the total disregard for public funding.“The wink and nod mentality seems rampant in the board structure of The Limerick City of Culture at this time. The management structure raises serious questions when it comes to allocation of resources to the dedicated local theatre practitioners during what has the potential to be a very invigorating time for culture in Limerick City,” said Mr Ryan.He said he has lost confidence in Conn Murray, Pat Cox and Patricia Ryan to steer Limerick City of Culture 2014 with any meaningful transparency or accountability at this time.“I call for their immediate resignation from the executive board. I am sure that this situation would not be tolerated in any other major city in Ireland.”Cllr Tom Shortt, who represented Limerick City Council on the board of the Belltable Theatre for four years, has also said that Patricia Ryan, “must step down now”.He claims Ms Ryan is without any expertise or experience in the demanding world of arts management.“This has gripped the public imagination in Limerick and people are shocked by the arrogance of it.“This is a deeply flawed appointment. For the success and the integrity of the City of Culture project, Ms Ryan must step down. The position must be advertised immediately and a chief executive must be properly recruited,” he declared.Meanwhile, Cllr Joe Leddin said he has “absolute confidence” in Ms Ryan as CEO of the City of Culture project and in its board.“I have met Patricia on a few occasions and I believe she has the professional experience and the ability to ensure that Limerick 2014 will be a hugely successful event,” he said.Speaking at City Hall this week City and County Manager, Conn Murray, told council members that he was satisfied there was no breach of recruitment regulations. He also revealed that the City of Culture project was under pressure to secure a chief executive because of funding delays.“I’m very confident the person in place is the right person to do the job for Limerick,” said Murray. RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR NewsLocal NewsCall for resignations over appointment rowBy Alan Jacques – November 28, 2013 904 Watch the streamed gig for Fergal Nash album launch Facebook Conn’s new role on immigrant group Print Celebrating a ground breaking year in music from Limerick TAGSConn MurrayLimerick City of Culture 2014Music LimerickPat CoxPatricia Ryan Linkedin Emma Langford shortlisted for RTE Folk Award and playing a LIVE SHOW!!! this Saturday Advertisement #SaucySoul: Room 58 – ‘Hate To See You Leave’ Twitter Email WhatsApp Previous articleUL Basketball to be streamed live this weekendNext articleCalls for help from St Vincent de Paul Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie
Officials say the blaze began Sunday around 6:40 p.m after lightening struck in the area and has continued to burn. So far an estimated 15,5000 acres of lands has burned.As of Monday afternoon, the fire was burning one mile north of Mile Marker 34 on Interstate 75.Officials are advising those with respiratory issues to avoid the outdoors as much as they possibly can until the situation is contained. The Coral Springs Fire Department has issued a smoke alert for residents in their area due westerly winds that are pushing smoke from a brush fire in the Florida Everglades into the city.There is a large brush fire in the Everglades. Westerly winds are pushing the smoke into the City. Please stay indoors if you suffer from any respiratory issues. pic.twitter.com/w3gHmCmbK3— Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department (@CoralSpringsFD) June 24, 2019
It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson GALLERY: Barangay Ginebra back as PBA Governors’ Cup kings Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Houston Rockets guard James Harden celebrates after hitting a 3-point shot during the first half of the team’s NBA basketball game against the Los Angeles Clippers, Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)LOS ANGELES — James Harden scored 17 of his 25 points in Houston’s dominant first quarter, and the Rockets rolled past the Los Angeles Clippers 105-92 on Wednesday night for their 14th consecutive victory.The Rockets (48-13) matched their longest winning streak of the season and remained a half-game ahead of Golden State for the NBA’s best record.ADVERTISEMENT View comments Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Phivolcs records 2 ‘discrete weak ash explosions’ at Taal Volcano LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. The Clippers shot 22.7 percent (5 of 22) for the period and trailed 34-12 at the end of the quarter.The Clippers overcame a 19-point deficit to win in Denver on Tuesday, but never got closer than eight against the Rockets.TIP-INSRockets: Gordon returned after missing four games, one to a sore knee and the last three due to an illness. . Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni, on any spillover of hard feelings from the chippy Jan. 15 meeting with the Clippers, when several Rockets tried to enter the Clippers’ locker room from a back corridor that resulted in two-game suspensions for Trevor Ariza and Gerald Green: “That doesn’t play any part in it. They’re all grown men. They know better.”Clippers: Coach Doc Rivers made light of the previous meeting, saying: “We’ve kind of barricaded all the secret passageways. . We’re going to build a wall. And I’m not paying for it, Houston is going to pay for it.” . F Danilo Gallinari missed his third consecutive game with a bruised right hand. . G C.J. Williams was called up from the G-League. He last played with the Clippers on Jan. 10. Tyrone Wallace went back down.ADVERTISEMENT Clint Capela and Eric Gordon each scored 22 points for the Rockets, who made 13 3-pointers.Tobias Harris led the Clippers with 24 points, with Montrezl Harrell added 22. Lou Williams and Milos Teodosic each scored 13.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkThe Clippers played the previous night in Denver and looked it.They missed 16 of their first 19 shots, had 11 turnovers and trailed by as many as 27 points in the first quarter. Harden faked Wesley Johnson so badly on one move that Johnson fell to the floor. Harden stared at him as Johnson got back up, then sunk a 3-pointer for a 31-7 lead. Phivolcs records 2 ‘discrete weak ash explosions’ at Taal Volcano Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Sea turtle trapped in net freed in Legazpi City UP NEXTRockets: Return home on Saturday to play Boston.Clippers: Remain at home to meet New York on Friday.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Nueva Ecija warehouse making fake cigarettes raided, 29 Chinese workers nabbed MOST READ UK plans Brexit celebrations but warns businesses may suffer In lieu of White House visit, Warriors take kids to museum
11 Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) – Who wouldnt want the Ballon dOr winner? There was talk of the 32-year-old wanting to leave Real Madrid, with Man United said to be the frontrunners for his signature. The Red Devils and PSG are realistically the only European clubs he would leave Real for, but for now talk of leaving Spain has quietened down and team-mate Casemiro revealed Ronaldo was happy in Madrid and he expects the player to stay put. Alvaro Morata (Real Madrid) – One of this summers biggest ongoing transfer stories is that of Spanish forward Morata. The 24-year-old has seemingly been on the verge of signing for Manchester United for the best part of three weeks, but now Lukaku is joining that seems unlikely. With 15 goals in LaLiga, despite effectively being Karim Benzemas understudy, Morata can certainly perform and if United dont take him someone else will be tempted. Chelsea? Andrea Belotti (Torino) – Another name in high demand is Torino striker Andrea Belotti after he notched 26 Serie A goals last season finishing as the third highest goalscorer in the league. The 23-year-old Italian supposedly has an £87m release clause and the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain have all been linked with attempted moves. The club have no desire to sell their prolific forward but should someone stump up the money he could well be starring elsewhere very soon. Paulo Dybala (Juventus) – The 23-year-old has shown himself to be the real deal since he signed for Juventus from Palermo back in 2015. The Argentina international has won numerous trophies at the Italian giants and looks unlikely to leave this summer but that wont stop other clubs casting admiring glances towards Turin. Dybala signed a contract with Juve in April tying him down until 2022. 11 11 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund) – It seems almost certain the Bundesligas top scorer will be departing for a new club this summer but his destination is not yet certain. Unsurprisingly for a man who scores on such a regular basis there is no shortage of interest. While it was originally thought a move to Paris Saint-Germain was to be tied up that proposed deal fell through and the most recent reports suggest a £71m move to China could be on the verge of completion. However, while there remains no confirmation other clubs will continue to monitor the striker with Arsenal and Liverpool among the admirers. Timo Werner (RB Leipzig) – With newly-promoted RB Leipzig impressing everyone last season, as they finished second in the Bundesliga, the man converting a large proportion of their goals was 21-year-old Werner. With 21 league strikes, the former Stuttgart man impressed and was also part of Germanys Confederations Cup winning squad this summer. Recent reports have linked Werner with a move to Real Madrid but other clubs looking for a striker could do far worse than a man who could soon claim Germanys striking position all for himself in the near future. 11 11 11 Kasper Dolberg (Ajax) – The 19-year-old Danish forward enjoyed a hugely productive debut campaign with Ajax as he grabbed 16 league goals and a further six strikes in the Europa League. Considering his age and exemplary performances it is no surprise other clubs are suddenly taking notice. Liverpool are interested and Italian side Roma are also thought to want the forward with Dolbergs agent admitting the player would find it hard to turn a move down to Italy. Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City) – An unfortunate victim of Citys attacking squad depth, the Nigerian looks to be available this summer as he seeks regular first team action. However, the 20-year-old has impressed in the handful of first-team chances he has been given so far and a vast number of Premier League clubs are scrambling to sign him up. Among the favourites are Everton and Leicester while Southampton and West Ham are also interested. Moussa Dembele (Celtic) – The French youngster signed for Celtic last summer from Fulham for just £500,000 and what a deal it turned out to be. Dembele, just 20 years of age, was one of the stars of the season as Brendan Rodgers team went unbeaten domestically. Now they could be set for a massive profit if they sell Dembele this summer with Chelsea, Everton and West Ham just two of a host of sides interested. The price tag seems to be set in the region of £25m but he is unlikely to be sold until after Celtics European qualification games. 11 11 11 Alexandre Lacazette and Romelu Lukaku have been snapped up, so who are the other big name forwards to make a move next? Every fan wants goals in their team and finding a consistent forward is one of the hardest things to do in football, so here talkSPORT.com looks at the most in-demand attackers currently playing in Europe.Scroll through the gallery above to see the forwards we believe are the most sought-after right now. 11 Kylian Mbappe (Monaco) – Possibly this summers most in-demand player is 18-year-old Mbappe, who is wanted by every major club going. Arsenal and Liverpool are two Premier League sides to show interest but Real Madrid are looking the most likely destination should he depart the Ligue 1 champions. Mbappe scored 15 league goals this season, and a senior France debut arrived in March, but the player will deliberate where is best for him to play with a World Cup on the horizon. 11 Alexis Sanchez (Arsenal) – Sanchez has a year left on his Arsenal contract and Man City have been credited with interest in the Chile international. However, as with Lukaku, Belotti and other sought after forwards, he will not be cheap and it is even claimed the Gunners will demand £80m for him.