All articles about 上海后花园论坛

ATHLETICS: CIARAN MCGONAGLE NAMED ROSSES AC SENIOR ATHLETE OF THE YEAR

first_imgRosses ACThere was a very well supported Club Presentation night last Friday. Chairperson Ita covered the year and the increased club numbers and participation, especially in Championship races.Vice Chairperson Michael McElroy presented the prizes and many thanks to Bonnars bar for the excellent food and facilites. Prize winners on the night were Senior Male Athlete of the Year – Ciaran McGonagle, Senior Female Athlete of the Year – Noreen McGee, Club Person of the Year – Michael Logue, Adventure Athlete of the Year – Edward Harkin, Masters Male Athlete of the Year – Kevin McGee, Masters Female Athlete of the Year – Sinead Boyle, Most Improved Athlete of the Year – Fergal McGee, Most Improved Female Athlete of the Year – Anne Harkin, Special Recognition for Athlete Support – Noel Boyd, Special Recognition for his efforts in ‘The Race’ – Brendan McBride, Special Recognition for Senior Athlete Coaching – Paul McGee. Newcomers awards to Seamus Ferry, Eamon McGee and Eoghan O’Colla. Recognition Awards also to Michael and Kathleen Rodgers, Sadie and Packie McDevitt and Niall and Kathleen Griffin. A great night had by all and roll on 2016.A number of club athletes supported the 5k/8k ran from the Mullaghduff Hall last Sunday. Edward Harkin was first home closely followed by Paul McGee.Adult Training: Adult training sessions have reverted back to Tuesdays and Thursdays going forward for the winter in the Estate in Gweedore starting at 7pm starting Tuesday 17th November. These are group sessions open to all levels of adult athletes from beginners, people looking to transition from Couch-To-5k to next level and experienced and Senior level athletes. We had a number of newcomers last week which was great to see. Paul McGee will continue to coordinate the more experienced athletes with Niall Griffin coordinating the beginner and Novice level athletes. Open to public and not just Rosses members. All levels of athletes or runners welcome. There will also be a Thursday evening session at 7pm in the Estate and weekend long runs starting from the Blue Bridge.Sportshall Athletics continues Pobalscoil Ghaoth Dobhair on Monday evenings from 6 pm to 7 pm. Sportshall continues in Dungloe on Mondays also. There will be two sessions: Session One:  for children born 2006, 2007 and 2008 from 5.45 pm to 6.45 pm. Session Two: for children born 2005 and older from 6.45 pm to 7.45 pm. Parents/Guardians please note we cannot accommodate younger children at session two for health and safety reasons.Some Upcoming fixtures: Thursday December 3rd, 5k Divers Garage Letterkenny. Paul McGee continues to coordinate and lead the training groups and anybody looking to be part of this group is very welcome – contact Paul McGee on 0879256528. ATHLETICS: CIARAN MCGONAGLE NAMED ROSSES AC SENIOR ATHLETE OF THE YEAR was last modified: November 24th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Sportlast_img read more

Woman shot dead in ‘terrorist incident’ in Derry, police say

first_imgA 29-year-old woman has been killed after shots were fired in Derry, with police treating it as a “terrorist incident”.Assistant chief constable Mark Hamilton, from the Police Service of Northern Ireland, said a murder inquiry had been launched after the death in the Creggan area of the city amid unrest on Thursday evening.Trouble flared in Creggan when police came under attack from crowds. Police said a number of shots were fired.Petrol bombs were also thrown at police Land Rovers.There are reports that the trouble broke out after police raids on houses in the Mulroy Park and Galliagh areas.PSNI superintendent Alan Hutton said: “We are currently responding to reports that a member of the public has been injured and I would appeal for calm.” The unrest comes ahead of the Easter weekend where Republicans mark the anniversary of the 1916 Easter Rising and a time when dissidents are traditionally active.The Sinn Fein deputy leader, Michelle O’Neill, said the killing in Derry was a “senseless loss of life”.She said: “I am shocked and saddened at the tragic news that a young woman has been shot dead by so-called dissidents in the Creggan estate tonight.“The murder of this young woman is a human tragedy for her family, but it is also an attack on all the people of this community, an attack on our peace process and an attack on the Good Friday Agreement. I unreservedly condemn those responsible for killing this young woman.“We will remain resolute in our opposition to the pointless actions of these people who care nothing for the people of Derry. We remain united in our determination to building a better and peaceful future for all.” O’Neill added: “Those responsible should listen to the people, they should disband immediately and end their pointless actions against the community which tonight has tragically claimed the life of a young woman.“I am appealing for calm and I urge anyone with any information about this killing to bring it forward immediately to the police and assist their inquiries.”Woman shot dead in ‘terrorist incident’ in Derry, police say was last modified: April 26th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Derrylast_img read more

Transfer gossip: Wolves linked with Murphy

first_imgSky Sports News HQ are reporting that Wolves have made an enquiry about the availability of Norwich forward Josh Murphy.Embed from Getty ImagesThe 21-year-old from Wembley, who has scored seven goals this season, has been linked with a number of clubs in recent months.Sky say Norwich are discussing a new deal for Murphy and that the club are keen to keep him at Carrow Road. Speculation over McCormackSky Sports News HQ are reporting that Ross McCormack, who has been linked with a return to Fulham, is unsettled in the West Midlands and keen to move back to London. McCormack has failed to make an impact at Aston Villa since leaving Craven Cottage in the summer and has been criticised by boss Steve Bruce for missing training.Sky say Villa would be willing to let McCormack leave during this month’s transfer window but that no formal offers have so far been made. Villa supposedly want FurlongEmbed from Getty ImagesThe Birmingham Mail have picked up on claims Aston Villa are interested in Darnell Furlong.West London Sport recently revealed that QPR are keen to extend the 21-year-old right-back’s contract.A transfer-gossip website has since claimed that Villa and a number of other clubs are keen on Furlong, whose current contract is due to expire at the end of the season. Fulham linked with Sutton heroEmbed from Getty ImagesIt is claimed that Fulham want Sutton United midfielder Roarie Deacon.The Wandsworth-born 25-year-old, who was at Arsenal as a youngster, scored a stunning goal as Sutton beat AFC Wimbledon in the FA Cup this week.That has inevitably triggered reports of interest from various clubs – and The Sun claim Fulham and Rotherham are interested.Peterborough United are also said to be monitoring the player. Hogan speculationCrystal Palace and Watford remain interested in Scott Hogan, The Guardian say.West Ham are keen to sign the Brentford striker and talks between the two clubs are ongoing.Watford recently made an enquiry about Hogan, 24, and The Guardian suggest the Hornets are still keen.Palace have also been linked with Hogan. There have been reports that West Ham are close to agreeing a deal to sign him.The Mail claimed on Tuesday that a breakthrough had been reached, with the Hammers said to be offering a deal worth a total of £13.5m. Coventry and Millwall linked with McCormackEmbed from Getty ImagesMillwall and Coventry City have shown an interest in Alan McCormack, the Mail say.McCormack, 33, has made only three league appearances for Brentford this season, the most recent of which came in October.The Bees are reportedly willing to let him leave on loan in order for him to get game time elsewhere. Bees and Fulham linked with AkpomEmbed from Getty ImagesBrentford and Fulham are interested in taking Chuba Akpom on loan from Arsenal, according to The Times. Cardiff City are also said to be keen on the 21-year-old forward, who made four appearances for Brenford during a loan spell at Griffin Park in 2014. The Times say he could be allowed out on loan again and that a move to the Championship is likely.QPR linked with Hibs forwardEmbed from Getty ImagesIt is claimed that QPR are interested in Hibernian striker Jason Cummings.A host of players north of the border have been linked with QPR by the Scottish media.And the Daily Record now suggest that both the R’s and Barnsley are monitoring the 21-year-old Cummings.    Ads by Revcontent Trending Articles Urologists: Men, Forget the Blue Pill! This “Destroys” ED x ‘Genius Pill’ Used By Rich Americans Now Available In Netherlands! x Men, You Don’t Need the Blue Pill if You Do This x What She Did to Lose Weight Stuns Doctors: Do This Daily Before Bed! x One Cup of This (Before Bed) Burns Belly Fat Like Crazy! x Do This Immediately if You Have Diabetes (Watch) x Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Playtex plastic plates bowls pose choking hazard for children recall announced

first_imgTORONTO – Playtex-branded plastic plates and bowls for children are being recalled after the distributor received four reports of choking in Canada.No serious injury has been reported but Health Canada and Edgewell Personal Care Canada say consumers should stop using the products and return them for a refund.They say the choking risk comes from a clear plastic coating that can peel or bubble from the surface of the plates or bowls.The products feature brightly coloured designs and are sold separately or in sets with plastic cups and cutlery.Further information is available through Health Canada at http://bit.ly/2yIDZeHThe products had been on the market in Canada since January 2010, with about 1.9 million units sold here and 3.6 million units distributed in the United States.No incidents or injuries in the United States have been reportedlast_img read more

Trader Joes store loses power donates 10K pounds of food

first_imgMETAIRIE, La. — Severe storms caused a New Orleans area Trader Joe’s store to lose power, prompting the chain to donate more than 10,000 pounds (4,500 kilograms) of perishable groceries to a food bank.News outlets report the Metairie store lost power for most of the day Thursday and contacted Second Harvest Food Bank about donating the food.Food bank spokesman Jay Vise says the donation included refrigerated and frozen items and will be distributed across 23 parishes. The food bank’s chief impact officer, Melanie McGuire, says it’s often hard to come by highly nutritious and perishable food donations.The Associated Presslast_img

Heavy rain interrupts Italian Open play

first_imgRome: Heavy rains postponed Wednesday’s Italian Open in which Swiss tennis pro Roger Federer and Spanish star Rafael Nadal were to make their debut. The Foro Italico courts have been covered and the tournament organizers will give an update every half hour to inform the press and spectators when play will resume, reports Efe news. Federer was going to open the programme at center court against Portuguese Joao Sousa but heavy rains, which are expected to continue until night, delayed the match. Also Read – We will push hard for Kabaddi”s inclusion in 2024 Olympics: Rijiju Also, the matches of Spanish Garbine Muguruza against Danielle Collins of the US and Spanish Carla Suarez against French Alize Cornet were postponed. The eight-time Rome champion Nadal is set to take on Frenchman Jeremy Chardy in the second round at the center court. On Tuesday, rain interrupted the match between defending champion Elina Svitolina of Ukraine and the Belarusian Victoria Azarenka several times. After play was suspended for more than an hour, Azarenka eliminated her opponent to win 4-6, 6-1, 7-5.last_img read more

Siamese twins win separate vote rights

first_imgPatna: Two young women conjoined at the head since birth have earned the right to be treated as separate individuals with independent voting rights. Sabah and Farah (23), who live in Samanpura locality of Patna, would be casting their votes on Sunday as per their respective choices unlike the 2015 Assembly polls when their names were inscribed on a single voter ID card and their vote was treated as one.”The twins cannot be denied their individuality on account of the way they are physically. They have different minds, different opinions and choices. Therefore, this time they have been issued separate voter ID cards and they will be allowed to cast their votes by turns,” said Patna District Magistrate Kumar Ravi on Saturday.last_img

Moroccan women speak out against sexual harassment

first_imgCasablanca- Young, female Moroccan journalists, trained by American ONG, Global Girl Media (GGM), released an insightful documentary on rape in Morocco entitled, “Breaking the Silence about Sexual Harassment: Moroccans Speak Out!”. In this documentary, victims of rape from all corners of the kingdom share their personal experiences with the public. According to Rajaà Hammadi, one of the girls who directed the documentary, the latter not only aims to raise awareness on the nature of this issue, but also presents some solutions to it, such as family and school education. “We are 24 girls working on this project,” explains Rajaà, “and we’d like to send a message to society to show that sexual harassment is an abnormality, a dangerous phenomenon that has to be eradicated.” Sexual harassment is another phenomenon that is increasingly becoming an overt behavior in Moroccan streets. “I was on the way back home when I saw a guy heading straight towards me,” narrates one of the victims of sexual harassment in the documentary, “He then placed his hand on my chest. At that very moment, I was so shocked that I didn’t know what was going on,” she continued. The indifference that Moroccan society displays towards phenomena like sexual harassment is also one disturbing factor behind the increase in number of victims. Here is an illustration drawn from the experience of one of the victims featured on the same documentary:“I was on my way back home that day. A stranger grabbed me from my hand. I told him I was married and had children, and implored him to let me go. He said he had heard that tape repeatedly from other girls and that he wouldn’t let me. I shouted aloud for help, but none of those who noticed me and knew that was being harassed cared about me. It’s like they all thought, ‘That is her own business.’ While I was wrestling helplessly to free myself from his grab, he pulled me harder this time, took a knife out of his pocket and stabbed me in my stomach.”In Morocco, there seems to be a discrepancy between the condemnatory institutional discourses on rape and sexual harassment and the actions taken by the same institutions to end them. While civil society and NGOs are an exception, decision makers in the kingdom seem to take the issue less seriously, sluggishly probing what is crystal-clear. © Morocco World News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributelast_img read more

San Diego high school golfer invited to compete against topranked amateur golfers

Laid Off Portfolio Editors Launch Recession Site

first_imgUnlike its counterparts, Recessionwire.com is not long for this world. A “pop-up site,” similar to pop-up retailers that set up shop temporarily in storefronts, “When the recession is over, the site will go away,” said Rich. But “just in case,” Clemence said, she recently bought the domain name depressionwire.com. Over the weekend, the New York Times reported that two editors recently laid off from Condé Nast Portfolio are launching a recession-themed Web site, Recessionwire.com.Laura Rich and Sara Clemence, Portfolio.com’s former assistant managing and lifestyle editors, respectively, teamed up with Lynn Parramore, an author and academic, to create a “user’s guide to the recession.”While the site’s concept may be unique, the idea of former editors going it alone online is not. Late last year, former Elle editors began the e-newsletter, I Heart Daily, to fill the void of shuttered CosmoGirl! and Teen People in the teen girl market. In September, former editor of the San Francisco Giants magazine, Erica Boeke, launched sports site GoGameFace for female sports fans.last_img read more